Resources to Support Digital Citizenship Training
A focus on digital citizenship prior to deployment with a plan for ongoing work will lay a strong foundation for teaching students responsibility in a digital learning environment. The following optional resources may be helpful as your staff plans for the year ahead. It is recommended that you address the following:
- Pre-launch training with staff and students (can be day of deployment)
- Training with students as they enroll (Consider an iBook or other training tool that could be used with incoming students to catch them up)
- Ongoing sessions via Guidance Counselor and Library Media Specialists
- Plan for addressing violations with a focus on teaching/revisiting digital citizenship guidelines
- Consider celebrating Digital Citizenship if you are school that supports the Character Counts program.